Friday, September 4, 2009

An Art Journal

This morning before Jazz got up, I created this page in my newly started Art Journal. Last night I had popped over to La Paz Home Learning to see what she was up to lately--it's always interesting. A post she had on journaling inspired me to start an art journal.


The poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson is:

Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could,
some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day,
you shall begin it serenely
and with too high a spirit
to be encumbered by your old nonsense.


When she woke up, Jazz joined me and created words to put on her SoulCollage cards.



I even figured out how to use the backs of pages that have watercolor or Art Marker bleeding through--A Gratitude List and An Ideal Life Exercise. It does me good to do them and to read them.

Jazz has continued to write her story and also a cookbook she is creating, She eagerly helped me to hose off the front porch and the hardscape in front yard and sweep up the mesquite pods. We trimmed back the exuberant growth of mesquite and palo verde threatening to take over the pedestrians walking in front of the house. Yes, the weather is definately getting cooler.

I'm finishing taping Arnold Patent's You Can Have It All. It is such an amazing book and I'll be very glad to have it on tape. I could listen to this everyday for a while. It helps me get through my least favorite household task--washing the dishes.

No comments: