Sunday, June 14, 2009

An Inner Tidal Wave Happening

This morning I woke up with the same cold Jazz had earlier this week. I just went out to the garden to water and pollinate. Here's a few photos of some more unusual crops.
Tohono O'odham black eyed peas from Native Seed/SEARCH described as being a good green bean for the low desert. I wanted to wait and see how they tasted before planting more. They are delicious and you can see from the picture that they conveniently hold their beans up high so they are easy to see and pick.


Lemongrass--It's a little frost tender but last fall I planted next to the house and it easily made it through our winter.


Ginger--I'm getting ready to plant this near the house also as it is frost tender also.



Bay tree--this does well in our area if planted in a pot where it can be sheltered from the sun and frost.


Jazzie spent more time in her chicken blind, playing the piano, watching Families of the World, and of course imaginative play. She hasn't been playing the piano regularly, so I'm enjoying her passion to learn a new song. Here she is playing the harmonica as she cleans up her things.
I wasn't feeling good and mostly read A Course in Miracles, meditated, blogged or napped.

If I were to claim a spiritual path, I would call myself a student A Course in Miracles. I've received a lot of comfort from others too; Byron Katie, the Abraham material, Louise Hay etc

I've been reading ACIM (A Course in Miracles) for about 3 1/2 years. I have read it sporadically, sometimes reading a lot, sometimes not at all and I just open to a page and read. This has worked for me but I am ready now to start at the beginning and read all the way through. ACIM also includes daily workbook lessons for an entire year. I started the workbook when I started reading the Course in 2005, but only finished to lesson 100 or thereabout. I've been using these lessons ever since but it is time to begin again. Today I finished Lesson 5. Interestingly, the call to start ACIM fell about the time I've been inspired to go at least 80% raw. Somehow around this same time a ran into a fabulous set of videos on You Tube that helps it all fall into place--IT is all perfect.





A breakfast for Champions








This is the first two parts out of five of the excellent The Social and Emotional Aspects of Eating by Rozalind Gruben. If you've enjoyed them, make sure you watch the other 3 on You Tube.

No comments: