Monday, June 29, 2009

Thankfulness and 10 days in Europe

I've decided not only to do Thankful Anyway Thursdays, but also to start out every blog post with five things I am thankful for. Today I am so incredibly thankful that I was led to A Course in Miracles, I am thankful for the internet and that I have been led and inspired in so many ways, I am so thankful for this parenting and unschooling journey--I am learning and growing in ways I could not have even imagined, I am thankful for music and You Tube videos--today I played around with this one;



....and sunflowers--today the first of the Mammoth sunflowers opened .

The garden is becoming a jungle of melon, squash, and cucumber vines. Here a Lakota squash is growing up the chicken tractor.

We got a new game--10 Days in Europe-- in the mail this afternoon and of course had to play it right away. It was fun and although it took a couple of games for Jazz to get the hang of it, she was definately holding her own by the time we quit. It's a great strategic game and the added bonus is learning Geography without even trying. The object is to create a 10 day trip through Europe using cards you have been dealt and those you draw. The journey must be feasible, either through countries that border each other or on a plane or boat.

Deep in concentration...

....still

I listened to Zap Mama while I preparing dinner and Jazz danced. Yes, I am taking pictures of her dancing, it just takes time to get the good ones. Well ....someday I'll get it, just not in the middle of making dinner.

No comments: