Monday, October 12, 2009

A New Vision

My friends, Nina and Peter, are excitedly planning a Thanksgiving feast and get-together. My mom spends Thanksgiving with her siblings in Washington and last year Jazz and I had a great time at Nina and Peter's Thanksgiving to-do. Well, this year I practically had to invite myself. The issue--it seems to be my switch to eating living foods. Yesterday Nina publicly expressed more than once how high and mighty I am because of it--and not in a nice tone of voice at all. The truth is I talk about it much less than is ideal--except here. I tend to not talk about amazing things I experience but keep it to myself, just to avoid situations such as this.

It's been bothering me and I've been doing all the usual things--seeing the situation as a mirror that has something important to show me etc. And because the conversation about Thanksgiving included talk about alcohol and getting plastered, I'm thinking of alternative Thanksgiving plans. Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center has a Thanksgiving potluck and spiritual ceremony every year. I've wanted to go ever since I learned about Living Foods three years ago, but haven't gone yet. This could be the year. So I was on-line checking out Tree of Life and also checking out what Raw For Life from Phoenix is doing (a very affordable 4-day ThanksLiving Retreat at Eden Hot Springs) AND I found Laura Fox's Vision Garden.

Several things on her site inspired me so deeply that my petty concern over someone's unkindness seem just that--petty. There's so much beautiful living and loving to do.

Here's a piece from What is Visionary Stewardship?

You can become a Visionary Steward by:

a. Selecting a part of Earth Life to take care of. What do you love most? The rivers, oceans, lakes? The animals? Certain types of plants? The air we breath? Human organizations? Children?

b. Get into a meditative state and ask your Source for a Vision that is aligned with the Highest Good of this part of Earth Life you are choosing to care for. Be sure to have pen and paper handy before starting.

c. Write out the Vision you receive. Make a picture of it, or tape the words somewhere you can see them every day. Spend five minutes each day imagining and feeling ‘as if’ this vision is a reality now!


....and from Waking up Humanity

Brothers and Sisters of the Light, Beings Divine, Friends,

We have a mission and a purpose.

We have the powers of Creation embedded into the fabric of our very being, with and by and through the power of Universal Divine Love.

It is time for us to take it to the next level, to take ourselves to the next level of our abilities and our willingness to leverage them on behalf of a sleeping humanity and our beautiful mother planet, Earth.

Not with fear, not with resistance, not with judgment or blame: With the pure power of our Creative Essence and… Pure Joy.

I have been having many conversations with God/Source/Creator of All Creators/Pure Love/Well-Spring of Our Collective Being lately....I tell God, “I have compassion for Humanity, God. I want them to be well. I want them to be safe. Please wake them up.”....

The response from our Divine Creator, our Source called by many names, is that I am — and we who know are — to SPEAK and share WHAT TO DO. Creator has said many are feeling a need to do something, but they don’t know WHAT to do......Please DO NOT HOLD BACK AT ALL! Remind everyone of our powers of creation, daily!

Become inspired to find new ways to do this! I anybody can shift it, we can....The entire Universe is watching as humanity decides. Yes, as Humanity decides it’s own fate. Will we stay in slumber, attached to outmoded paradigms and ideals based on scarcity, hate, separation and unknowing?.....

Or will we FORGIVE ONE ANOTHER, ACTIVATE OURSELVES, and WAKE UP to the higher priority structure.....calling us to LIVE fully, to be true to what feels REALLY GOOD to each of us, from a soul or spirit perspective– from a HEART perspective — to share our gifts without hesitation and without allowing old paradigm structures getting in the way of our giving of our gifts. And, yes, to do all this with JOY! Silly joy. Giddy joy. Off-the-hook, outrageous, uncontrollable joy-bliss-mirth-fun.....

Love, Laura



Music is the core of the awakening consciousness movement. If it’s true we have the power of creation in us as the seed of who we are then we ought to use it.....We can sing our way home, om, together. .....and MOVE our bodies to the rhythms of the very life which sustains us, which we are. This is what I propose..... Let’s dance.

Let’s dance this planet back into harmonic synergies of light, just because we CAN. And together, it’s more fun.

Love, Laura


I'm starting to play music again--a bit. But now I'm ready to a lot.

....And to add some life this post--living, growing life. Here's pictures of my sprouting project.

Broccoli microgreens

.....and lovely vital wheatgrass.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are starting to play with music again. I think music is a huge part of who and what you are.

Miranda said...

Thanks for commenting on my speech! I agree about the health care issue. Totally should be about personal responsibility and creating health by our lifestyles, not relying on the government to clean up our messes.
Anyway, just wanted to say I am glad you enjoyed the speech!