Thursday, July 9, 2009

Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.

---Bob Marley in Redemption Song

A day of cleaning and finishing The Wizard of Earthsea, making tepary bean soup and salad for a local food potluck. And buying art supplies. And finishing watching Moses. And another fabulous workout. I've decided to train for a 5K. YES! But tomorrow......yes.....it's marbled paper making (with shaving cream)......and more ATCs.......maybe a chocolate zucchini cake and lots of melon, tomatoes, cucumbers. It's all good. And look, my mental slavery the need to be "productive". Was all this done in perfect joy? No.


Some new art paper for our ATCs



Yesterday as we watched the first part of Moses, I was thinking that the Hebrews needed all the plagues etc at least as much as the Pharaoh in order to let themselves go free. And that Moses could lead them because he was not raised as slave. It's part of bigger thought process I've been playing with for a couple of months. How the whole school thing is geared for going to college and getting a good job. I believe this in the mentality of a slave. And maybe our children who are not raised as slaves will lead the rest to freedom.

This unschooling journey is unwrapping layers of that slave mentality from my mind. It reminds me of a ACIM lesson I love and use alot.

The Truth will correct all errors in my mind.


I have been slacking on doing A Course in Miracles. I'm too busy being "productive" that I skip the most important stuff but.....I went on strike last week and I'm still catching up. Look at that mind go--need to be "productive". And Truth will correct all errors in my mind.

Oh my word, I just decided to link to this lesson (the whole course in miracles in on the WEB in many places) and I found this site Pathways of Light: Training for a new kind of Spiritual Ministry. I instantly knew this is me. I've wanted to be a spiritual counselor for a while but I'm not involved with any organized religions. I almost took a two year interfaith spiritual direction course in Tucson, but for some reason did not. But this-- it's my dream--spiritual counseling a la ACIM....well a piece of it. I'll spend time checking out the site more and.......

No comments: