Saturday, July 11, 2009

Swimming and SoulCollage

This morning, Jazz had another swim meet, her second of the season. In the last meet, she entered two events. This meet, she entered six events, every one she was eligible for, including the IM (Individual Medley) which consists of swimming 200 yd--50 yard of each different stroke; back, butterfly, breast, and freestyle. She swam strong in every race although she didn't win many. This evening she complained of sore muscles. She is such an athlete, pushing herself because she loves it.

Jazz swimming the butterfly
Swimming the backstroke

This afternoon I had another experience of turning on the computer to do one thing and within a couple minutes I'm somewhere else--exactly where I need to be. I discovered SoulCollage--making collaged cards that reflect different parts of one's self. I've been engaged in making ATCs this week but I'm finding the small size-while it has some pluses-is beginning to be limiting and I keep doing all these spiritual cards. SoulCollage sounds exciting and fun to me and I'm definately going to try it tomorrow. I've already ordered the book from the public library, (SoulCollage : an intuitive collage process for individuals and groups by Seena B. Frost) and also another interesting sounding book; Collage for the Soul : Expressing Hopes and Dreams through Art by Holly Harrison and Paula Grasdal.
Here's some links to info on Soulcollage:

Soulcollage The website of the woman who started it all and wrote the Soulcollage book.
kaleidosoul Another fun website on SoulCollage
Inner Surprises- A gorgeous blog on SoulCollage cards.

Today I spent time preparing food. I've noticed a certain rhythm developing in my life. One day of mostly cleaning etc and the next of mostly creativity. I'm glad to have beautiful food ready to eat tomorrow as I begin a new project.

No comments: