Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, USA


In honor of the 4th of July, we have been reading Lives of the Presidents: Fame, Shame (and What the Neighbors Thought) by Kathleen Krull. We are both enjoying it and both learning a lot about some of our previous presidents.

Jazz decided to make figures for the building she created yesterday.



Our friend, Vivian, who moved to California is in town for the holiday. Vivian and my mom shared vacation pictures and Vivian recieved a tour of the new gardens. Jazzie performed the things she's been working on on the piano and a flamenco dance and Grandma, Vivian and Jazz were off to a 4th of July party leaving me to do my thing--working on the blog, reading ACIM, and playing the piano. Fun was had by all. .

Looking at vacation pictures

Jazz performing the flamenco for Vivian


Jazz and Grandma headed off for evening festivities together. It's rare but good for both of them to spend time together. I really don't enjoy the fireworks celebration and I got time to play music and play on the computer and even make pesto.
I'm still on strike from much food prep, but I did make a couple of batches of basil as we are taking out 3 large basil plants from the garden the chicken tractor is being moved to. The garden bed that the chicken move off of will be planted with a traditional monsoon garden. I was scooping pesto into ice cube tray as fireworks went off.

Oh my and these keep multiplying

No comments: