Saturday, August 22, 2009

Another Lazy Saturday

I woke Jasmine up to the last chapter of Anacoana: The Golden Flower this morning. What a way to start the day. Anacoana is a chief of the Taino tribe at the time Columbus landed. The epilogue is tragic. Then I made pancakes which is a super special treat for Jazzie because I make them so rarely.

This afternoon we took a Jazzie's friend that lives down the street to the library. I have a new EFT book I got through interlibrary loan. Jazzie stayed at her friend's house and I played with my new book.

The social event of the week for me, is produce pick-up for the CSA I belong to. Tonight, Nina fired up the grill and allowed members to roast the Anaheim peppers we got in our shares. Jazz had loads of fun roasting her peppers.

Nina, the produce goddess speaking with CSA members next to farm stand

Jazzie gets distracted while showing off her roasted peppers.



While cutting up a watermelon with especially thick ring tonight, I decided to search for raw recipes for watermelon rind. Look what I found http://www.watermelonrind.com/, a website devoted to watermelon rind recipes including watermelon rind daquaris, watermelon rind gazpacho, many pickled watermelon rind recipes and much more.

Yesterday, Jasmine got out the Tarot cards and set up a reading for both her and me for the first time in over a year. We both had readings that indicated that now is a time of great inner change. That's the main focus of my life--changing my beliefs and thoughts. I'm putting it before anything else, but I find myself feeling guilty for not being "productive". It's all perfect because I get to see the beliefs I want to change. Thank you.

No comments: