Monday, August 10, 2009

More raw snacks and more creativity

After posting last night, I went over to Green and Crunchy and stayed a while. I love her posts. Very inspiring! She posts mostly about creating beautiful living food snacks for her family. Her posts are complete and the pictures fabulous. Well maybe someday I'll be there....

I spent lots of time in kitchen again today. I am determined to eat only living food so I am stocking up on raw snack food. Yesterday the dehydrator was full of sweet potato chips and corn and buckwheat crackers and banana fruit leather (to be used for awesome strawberry crepes (recipe here). Today it got filled with sprouted buckwheat, pineapple, blueberry granola bars, sun bread (sunflower, sundried tomatoes, basil, and spices), and coconut green apple wraps. The coconut green apple wraps cracked and are not going to work as wraps but they are so delicious I'm eating them like crazy.


This evening I played with SoulCollage cards. I started the "I am the one that" exercise. It was powerful and wonderful but I think for it to sustain I need to keep working with the cards.

Jasmine found a picture of three capes in a Waldorf toy catalog we found as cleaning and organizing continued at our house this morning. She was so inspired by the capes she decided to write a play and then perform it with two of her friends (they don't know about this yet). She's finding costumes and creating costumes and figuring out the storyline and dialogue. She expressed to me today she would like to type it up on the computer and print it out. She off and running and it was all inspired by a picture of capes in a catalog.

Costumes

Accessories

and shoes.


Since we watched the movie "David", Jazz has developed a strong interest in the biblical David. At her request, I ordered every David book the library had that went beyond the "David and Goliath" story (2). We are almost through the first one and Jasmine has decided that Bathsheeba is the perfect name for her character in the play she is creating.

No comments: