Friday, August 21, 2009

Gratitude

Today I'm grateful for....

this girl dancing through my life....


...and that the cleaning bug finally caught me after a long vacation. The pile of laundry is almost gone. The hallway and bathroom received much needed attention and Jazzie joined me enthusiastically for parts of it.

... and rain--I am grateful for rain. This evening it rained for the third time during our monsoon season (which is almost over). I'm sure the desert appreciates the rain too. We always get out in the summer rains and enjoy and celebrate them. Jazz wanted to go for a walk, so we grabbed rain jackets and an extra umbrella and headed to the clinic to rescue Grandma.

...and having someone else make dinner. Jazzie loves both Nori rolls and salmon. I bought her salmon to make Nori rolls with (we cook the salmon first) and she was just thrilled. She came in from the rain and cleaned up and got to work...



...and participating in this unschooling journey with Jasmine. It's so heart-opening to watch her bloom at her own pace in her own way. Tonight she is dictating her play into a tape recorder (same one I've been using to record Arnold Patent's book).

No comments: