Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cooler weather

The heat is less in intensity today. When I went out to water the garden I noticed it. We have just adapted to spending most of the day inside. I just checked today's weather; high 102/low 82. Who would have ever thought I would consider that cooler (I am a Northern girl after all--raised in Idaho and Montana)

Today was the first day we collected three eggs from our three chickens. Bess, our Auracana, quit laying during the worst of the heat and Grace (a Wyendott) hadn't begun laying yet. Grace and Gweneviere (a Buff Orpington) laid like troopers through the heat.

We went on bike ride this evening and quite a number of people were out walking enjoying the cooler weather. It was our first ride to the park in several weeks. Yeah.

I taught Jasmine how to play cribbage today. Cribbage involves a fair bit of adding and I've been waiting to teach her until I thought she was ready. And today was the day. My little math wiz did just fine.

I took pictures of Jazzie dancing her way through cleaning her part of the living room. And believe or not, she did a fine job, the living room really did get as clean as she ever gets it.

A reading first. Jasmine went to get the lyric sheet in order to sing along with a song. OK someday soon I won't take pictures of her reading but it's so exciting to watch the process of natural learning unfolding.


I'm still cleansing my mind of old beliefs. Today I realized that so many of these beliefs center in "not enough". I'm not good enough, I don't do enough, I'm not successful enough, I don't have enough etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. When I look inside myself with curiousity--Who am I?--I find only beauty, joy, and love. I am happy to give up my little nightmare of "not enough".

I'm playing a new game with myself--an abundance game. I got the idea from Carol Look's book, Attracting Abundance with EFT. Whenever I catch myself complaining or judging something negatively in my own head, I pretend I am writing a blog post about that condition changed to what I want. (An example blog post. I'm so excited. I've noticed how easily the house stays clean. It used to be quite a struggle but now it is just a joy....)

1 comment:

abcd said...

Hi C and J,,

Exhausted today from too much time on the water yesterday. Taking it easy in Library,,,and worrying a little about "huricane" Danny, which may show up tomorrow or Sunday. Nites cool now in high 50's

Involved in family issues that that bring up my "worth",, am I what was "expected". Your perspective is helpfull Thanks R